Monday, October 26, 2015

October 19, 2015

Hey Everyone,

So I have a nice rash all over my chest and legs and it stinks, but what can you do?  It's pretty itchy so I will be heading to the Dr. this week.  It's pretty far away and taking the bus isn't fun.  Don't worry though I will be just fine.  The church pays for me to see the Dr. but not for the travel and medicine.

Besides my rash this week was good.  Hard to top last week but it still was a great week.  We have 2 more baptisms set for the 31st and so that is exciting.

Church yesterday was good. It was the primary program so that is always fun to see.  The kids here are pretty naughty and love to cause trouble so it made the program pretty interesting.

There is no Halloween here but they do celebrate the day of the dead.  It's not the same as Halloween at all.

This week Allan was made our ward mission leader.  It is really awesome and I know he will do an amazing job!

The hardest thing so far on my mission has been learning the language.  At the beginning of the mission it was rough and definitely hard to not understand what people were saying.  I am so grateful I can say now that I can speak it perfectly. :)

When I feel the spirit the strongest is when we are testifying of our savior and the truthfulness of the gospel and the investigator feels the spirit as well.  Nothing better than this.

My favorite scripture is Alma 29:9  "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it.  I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

I hope you are all doing well.  I love you all!
I will keep you posted on my rash, maybe Mom was right about having a worm. hahaha

Love,
Elder Heugly

No comments:

Post a Comment