Monday, October 26, 2015

Training...September 14, 2015

Hello Everyone.  So sorry this is late again.  We went to clean the temple again this week.  It is an hour and a half a way  and we have to take the bus.  The buses are jammed full and its hot and we are always standing up.  It seriously wears me out.

This week has been amazing! Allan one of my friends in the area baptized our convert.  It was so great to see my companion get to experience his first baptism and see Allan baptizing someone.  He is getting ready to submit his papers soon and is going to be a great missionary.

The girl that was baptized was named Jenny.  Funny story but we ran out of water in our church so it was definitely a baptism to remember.  We ended up going all the way to another church to do the baptism.  Everything ended up working out great it was just a little funny there for a bit.

This past Saturday we were able to go to the temple with a family that I reactivated.  When you reactivate a family and they go through the temple you are able to go with them.  It was so great to see a sealing.  Just an amazing experience overall.

Elder Marzano was transferred but he is my District Leader so he always calls and when we do decisions I will be back with him.  It's almost like he never left.  I still see him all the time.  He came back and was the one to do our baptismal interview so I still get to see him. :)

Allan is a really great guy.  I really want to put together a mission package for him.  He really has nothing but he is always with us helping.  He is an amazing guy and a great example of what a missionary should be like.

Things are going great as a trainer.  We were able to have a baptism and go to the temple our first week so I really can't complain.  He's a good guy and is learning quick.  He's obedient and has a lot of desire to learn so there isn't anything to complain about.

The mission is just going so well.  We are working hard and seeing good results.  The competition with the youth ended because my companion was transferred but maybe we will start it up again with my new companion.  We will have to see.  One funny thing about my companion is he snores BAD. I am getting used to it but the first couple of nights killed me. hahaha

Dad asked me some questions...
Thing I love most here is the people.  They are awesome and I love being with them.  The greatest lesson I have learned from them is being faithful.  They have been faithful their whole lives in the church and have raised great kids.  They all have strong testimonies and aren't afraid to share it with anyone.
The best way to prepare for a mission would be to read your scriptures and preach my gospel and getting over the fear of sharing your beliefs with others.  The temple is also really important.  The few times I am there I feel the spirit so strongly and always leave feeling uplifted.

My favorite investigator I have taught so far was Reuben from centro.  I was able to teach him all in English so that was really cool.  My favorite family is either the Olmedos because I always called them Dad and Mom and they took such good care of me or the Osorio family where I am now.


Sounds like everything is good at home and everyone is keeping busy.

I love you all,
Elder Heugly

No comments:

Post a Comment