Tuesday, March 3, 2015

6 months down...

Hey Everyone,

6 months has officially gone by and it has definitely gone by quick.  I am loving my mission.  It can get hard at times but I still love it.  All the hard times are replaced when I am able to share the gospel with someone.

I did participate in the Stake Book of Mormon challenge.  I wanted to give my Book of Mormon to someone I knew would love and appreciate it so that I would have a great story to share with the primary children.  I shared mine with Graciella (who was my first baptism) and her children.  We shared the testimony with her and her children since she only speaks Spanish.  Her children had already been baptized but had quit coming to church.  They now don't ever miss a Sunday.  Her oldest just received the priesthood and went through the temple and Graciella is now preparing to go herself as well.

The family I mentioned in last weeks email is doing great.  They are the family Gonzales.  They just had a baby on Sunday so they weren't able to come to church but for a good reason. :)  They still want to come and we are working with all 7 of them.  4 of them are old enough to be baptized.

Things are great with my companion.  We get a long really well.  He is the youngest of 4 and both of his older brothers served missions.  Everyone in his family are members and he is the youngest.  He has been a member his whole life.  I love serving with him and it has been nice having the whole area to ourselves but it is definitely exhausting.

Things didn't go too well with the little girls Dad again this week.  He is still being difficult.  Maybe it is just not their time right now but hopefully someday it will all work out with them.  We are still trying our best.

Thanks for the pictures and video of Bridger.  I love that kid.  I am headed to another city today so I am short on time but next week I will for sure attach some pictures.

Oh I almost forgot.  I ate fish this week.  It was weird but good.  Also a member in our branch has your facebook info and said she is going to use her son's Facebook to write you.  She is the Sister who washes my clothes and sometimes cooks for us.  Let me know what she has to say.  She told me she is going to say the good and the bad. hahahaha

Dad mentioned that he would like to share my testimony with the family on Easter Sunday.  I think that would be awesome. Here it is...

I know with all of my heart that the church is true.  I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet called of God.  I know that I am in the work of the Lord and I don't want to be anywhere else.  I know that Joseph Smith restored the church and that the Book of Mormon is True.  I know that we are the only true church in the world and that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father again after this life.  I know that families can be together forever and if we do all that we can in this life we can live with them again.  The work of the Lord is true.  Stay faithful and endure to the end.  I love you all.

Elder Heugly

Love you all. Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment