Monday, March 16, 2015

Birthday Celebration

Hey Everyone,

I sure hope Dad is having a great birthday today.  I just sent him his birthday email and hope he likes it.  Thanks Mom for the reminders.  I did remember Dad's today but I am sure I will forget someone else's.

My birthday was good.  I didn't end up getting your package yet (UGH!! It's been sitting at the mission home for 2 weeks now!) but hopefully this week I will...who knows.

I did get to do something fun for my birthday.  My companion tricked me outside at 6:30 in the morning on my birthday and dumped water on me.  :) Later we went for lunch at a members house.  His name is Gustavo Nunez and he served us chicken, steak and churizo.   He also made me a cake and sang Happy Birthday in Guarni.  After that we just had a normal day.

Last week was pretty rough.  We just got rejected a lot more than usual but this week we have done well.  Things are going to be good.  I will be leaving Yaguarón on the 25th of March.  I am sad to leave.  I will be leaving behind a lot of people I have grown to love and will be missing 2 marriages and 3 baptisms. I will be getting a new companion as well.  Changes are hard.  I like it here but it will be nice to get to know another part of Paraguay.

The zone conference was good.  We learned a lot and they changed a couple of things and added some more rules, as if we didn't already have enough.  hahaha  While we were there we got to watch a movie called Meet the Mormons.  I guess it is going to be in theaters and so that was cool.  I think we saw it before anyone else.  It was a good movie.  (Do I dare tell him it has already been in theaters here and is already on DVD ;))   My zone sang la luz de la verdad.  Not exactly what that would mean in English but it was awesome and I have to say we sounded pretty good.

Thanks for letting me know about Chase (his cousin) I will definitely keep him in my prayers and will write him and let him know how much I love him.

Love you all and hope you have a great week.

Elder Heugly








Me and Gustavo Nunez, the member who fed me lunch for my birthday


The lunch that Gustavo fed me...chicken, steak and chorizo 


 The cake that Gustavo made me

 Just me modeling for the camera :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment