Monday, June 22, 2015

June 15, 2015

Hey Everyone,

This week was good.  Things improved a lot.  It rained really hard yesterday so we weren't able to get people to church.  We do have good investigators right now but when it rains here even the members don't come to church.  DANG RAIN!

It's actually getting really cold.  It's the kind of cold that pierces your soul, no matter how many jackets you put on.  I have to wear a jacket in the morning in my apartment while I am studying.  It is quite a change from the heat we have been having.

The girl that is supposed to be baptized on her birthday should be baptized this Saturday if things work out.  Her Mom still hasn't signed the paper but we finally were able to talk with her and then she said we had to talk to her husband.  I think it may have been an excuse but hopefully not.  Hopefully we will be able to get everything figured out this week so that everything goes well Saturday.  I am still with Elder Jensen who is sick right now.  He is a real trooper.  He was hit with food poisoning and is struggling.  Poor guy I feel bad for him.

Transfers are this Wednesday so I will let you next week what is going on.  I'm sure everything will be different.

Amelio is such a great man.  He is doing awesome.  He's really turning things around.  He comes to church with his white shirt and everything each week.  He is a total stud! Reuben isn't doing so well.  He is still really sick and has been hospitalized for the last little while.  We are hoping that he starts to get better and that things can get turned around.

Everything else is going really good.  We are making progress.  A crazy story this week.  I almost fell into a river.  I will have to take a picture and send it home.  Down in the Chacaritas where the flooding is they make these little bridges with sand bags and pieces of wood.  My companion and I were crossing one of them and I just about fell in.  It was a scary! The river is coming up so fast.  They say that it never has come up so high before.  Just my luck that I'm here during all this craziness.

A couple of cool stories from this week.  We were knocking on doors before we had to go home for the night and we knocked on one door and a lady opened it.  She looked at us and then started to cry.  (I didn't know I was that handsome ;)) I said uhhhhh Hi we're missionaries, I'm Elder Heugly and this is my companion Elder Jensen.  Right then she said to come in, come in and then she shoved this baby in our faces.  It had a huge rash all over it's body and seemed like it was really struggling.  She told us that the baby was really sick and she wanted us to pray for it.  We prayed with her and then we shared a message with her and her daughter and then left.  When we went back to her house yesterday the baby was completely healed and was as happy as can be.  They of course love us now so we are hoping to get them to come to church with us.  It was a great experience. PRAYERS WORK!

Another situation like this happened.  It was 8:30ish and we had been  clapping in the newer houses that they had just built because of the flood.  We were headed home and were waiting for a bus and I had the strongest feeling that we should go knock on the house behind us.  We did that and a lady came out and she looked so sad.  She told us she had been going through a tough time lately.  She had to leave her house and then 2 months ago her daughter who was only 12 died of cancer.  If that wasn't enough her husband is in jail and her son is in rehab so she is really struggling.  We talked with her and she said when she said when she saw us she felt something warm inside.  We shared the plan of salvation with her and she was so happy she accepted to be baptized on the first visit.  She couldn't come to church this week because of the rain but next week she said she will be there.  She is so sweet.

Everyone sounds pretty busy.

Love all of you,
Elder Heugly

No comments:

Post a Comment