Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 25, 2015

Hey Everyone,

Memorial day flags today huh?!?  Sounds like flags were a blast.  I'm going to be honest, I definitely don't miss doing that whatsoever.

Last week were were really busy.  Reuben and Amelio are working towards getting the priesthood and we had 2 baptisms.  We baptized Sergio and Manuel.  It was awesome.  There mom came to church for the first time this week and stayed all 3 hours.  She really liked it.  The only problem is that there is a guy that lives with here so get won't be able to be baptized until she kicks him out.  It may take some time but we will keep working on that.  It was a great baptism though and both of the boys were really happy.

We achieved getting the permission of Rosami from her mom so she can also be baptized.  It was amazing.  She is a relative of some of the members ans she is just like the girls from Yaguarón.  Her birthday is coming up on the 21st of June and her mom is going to surprise here by giving her permission to be baptized on her birthday.  We are so excited for that, even though Elder Jensen will be heading to his last area the week before. Rosami comes to church every Sunday and is pretty much already a member but now it will be official.   It  is very cool and exciting.  The member family loves us and told us that we need to go talk to more of their relatives.  There is a Mom who has the same problem so we are going to go talk to her and make our famous brownies with her and see if we can make another miracle happen.

Glad you liked my pictures last week.  I guess I am quite the photographer. haha

The weather here has been pretty ugly.  We spend a lot of time running for cover to avoid getting soaked. haha  The streets look like rivers when it rains here.  My shoes have a nice wet smell to them.

I'm sure everyone at home is getting excited for summer.  Glad Christian is out driving...it's about time.  At this rate I'm going to be renewing mine before he even gets his license.

School here is the opposite of home.  When it's summer in the states they are in school and when it's summer here you guys are all in school.  Other than that it's almost the same.  They impress me here. They learn 2 languages and at the private schools they learn 3 languages, Spanish, Guarni and English.  They are pretty smart.

Stevo is good.  He is just studying and being way to smart.  Every time we go to his house for lunch we play chess while we wait for the food and he is just too good.  He beats me in like 4 moves every time.  I stink and he is just too good.  He really likes us a lot.  I always tell him he's going to serve in Utah on his mission. ;)

Speaking of Utah, did Ryan ever talk to the missionaries?

Sounds like the Spanish show mom is watching is pretty good.  I don't know you watch it without understanding.  I guess you could do what Stevo did and pick up another language by playing video games and watching movies. ;)

By the way...you never tell me anything about what is going on at home.  I just barely found out from a member that there is a Frozen 2.  How could you guys not tell me that. hahaha

Still looking into sending home the package.  I'll let you know when I get it figured out.

Love you tons,

Elder Heugly
Drew

 Our faithful new member ready to go out teaching with us. 
 Our soon to be newest member Rosami 
 The whole crew that helped out at the baptism
 The baptism of Sergio and Manuel
Relax...Don't worry, it's just Guarna at some members house. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment