Friday, April 10, 2015

April 6, 2015 Conference Weekend

Hey everyone,

This week was a great one.  My new companion is great, his name is Dawson Jensen.  He is a really nice guy and we get a long really well.  He has been out a year and a half.  He cooks breakfast all the time and is a really good cook so he has already won me over. ;)

The branch is good here.  It's actually smaller believe it or not than the branch in Yaguarón.  It's the only branch in the city of Asunción and there are a lot less people that go but it's because the city I'm in is mainly a lot of businesses so there are less houses. However we do have a good amount of less actives too.

Mcdonalds last week was great! I got myself a nice burger and then we also ate at Hard Rock café and I ate another burger.  It was delicious and I even bought myself a sweet hard rock café shirt.  A member payed for our Mcdonalds so we ate like kings last Monday.

I did miss our families traditional Easter breakfast of  homemade egg Mcmuffins.  It wasn't quite the same without them.  Sounds like you all had fun in Midway.  Looking for golf balls though? I guess that's what life has come to without me.  Kind of sad, hahaha, just kidding it actually sounds like a blast!

Conference was good.  It stormed here and it knocked out the signal for the first session so we ended up going to an investigators house and watching the first session with him on his computer.  It was actually really cool to be able to do that.  Then we ended up watching the rest of conference at the church but we were able to watch them live.  Conference was really good.  They talked a lot about the family and a whole bunch about getting married.  Didn't really apply to me since I'm never getting married...hahaha just kidding, maybe one day in the near future. ;)

You will be happy to know I didn't fall asleep once.  Pretty proud of myself for that. ;)
My favorite talk was by Elder Andersen the Music of the Gospel.  I also really enjoyed Elder Ballards talk on the greatest generation of young adults and missionaries.  Pretty much I thought conference was awesome.

Things in my new area are a lot harder but this week we had a lot of success in a scary part of our area.  We were able to get 4 people to come to conference and found a few new people we are working with.  I think we just might break the Centro curse.  My new area is a good combination of both the rich and the poor of Paraguay.  I like to be in the poor areas more but we can't be there for too long.  It isn't very safe.  I am about 3 hours or so by bus from my old area.  We usually walk everywhere  but if we are going from one side of our area to another we take the city bus because we are lazy and my new area is a lot smaller than my last area.

I had my interview with the mission president and he said I am in the most dangerous part of the mission...hahaha I love it! The interview was really cool.  He said my Spanish was outstanding and that he was proud of me and that he sent me here to centro because he said he felt like I could make the change.  It's one of the hardest areas we have and so that was really amazing for him to say that.  I am hoping we can make a difference.  There hasn't been a baptism in our area for over a year.

We are definitely planting seeds everywhere we go...soon enough you are going to see a bunch of mango trees.  :)

Love you all. Until next week.

Elder Heugly
Drew

 Me and My companion Elder Jensen at Hard Rock Cafe'

 Chilling at the beach

 Enjoying lunch at Mcdonalds with a member

 The main streets of Asunción.  It was Holy Week so the streets were pretty dead this week. Usually they are really packed. 

Watching conference with our investigator Reuben

No comments:

Post a Comment