Friday, April 24, 2015

April 20, 2015C

Hi Everyone,


All is well here in Centro.  I'm awesome and everything is going good. Our apartment here is small.  Before I was living in a house and so it has been a bit of a change.  It's very old but it works so I have nothing to complain about.

The branch here is kind of tough.  The members aren't really excited about doing missionary work  so we have been baking brownies and writing letters to ask them to get more involved.  It is working, we are making progress.

We are entering the rainy season.  The rain in centro is worse than in Yaguarón.  There is no mud but there are a lot of hills so the water just rushes down the hill and it destroys us.  It's alright though, it's better than the mud.

The weight is just melting off  (he is down 50 pounds) but here we eat a lot so I'm not losing or gaining so it's nice.  We eat a lot here.  Sometimes we eat 2 meals a day with members so it's nice.  I'll make sure and send some pictures next week.  Today we had our district activity and I forgot to bring my camera.  Next week I'll send home some good pictures.

The week was really good.We have a baptism scheduled for Saturday if all goes well.  It looks like we finally did it.  There hasn't been a baptism in this area in a year.  His name is Carlos and he is one of the poorest people I have ever seen or met.  He supports his Mom, Sister and Niece by selling on the buses.  He doesn't make much but he is so humble and has given up drinking and smoking.  He is always reading his Libro de Mormon.  Please keep him in your prayers this week.

After Carlos we don't have anyone to work with.  We get rejected a lot but it is what it is.  We have Carlos and that is all that really matters.  After he is baptized we are going to work on his family.

Crazy story of the week would be that...well I don't know how to say it without it sounding bad but,
(I will say it for him...they castrated a pig).  Apparently it calms them down.  It was the weirdest thing I have done yet.  No worries though the pig is fine and I'm just a little bit scared!

Sounds like everyone is doing well.  I can't wait to see and talk to you all on Mother's Day. You guys are pretty lucky to see my beautiful face. ;)

Love you all,
Elder Heugly
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment