Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Happy New Year...

Hi everyone,

New Years was good.  We went to bed at 10:30, not much of a New Year Celebration but we had to go home early for safety reasons.  Everyone here likes to party and drink on New Years and it isn't really safe.  The people here go crazy.  They all get drunk and just party all night.  There was loud music starting from 6:00 at night all the way until 6:00 in the morning.  They love their loud music, alcohol and parties.

So sorry to hear about Bridgers Dr. Appt.  I'm sure you will be able to find something else he can eat besides his favorite PB and J's.  Poor Guy.

Poor Grandpa too, what's up with all the Dr. stuff.  I am not a big fan of hearing about this stuff. :(

So glad to hear Cody and Romney are enjoying their missions.  It will be fun to talk to them and share stories even though mine are obviously going to be the best. hahahaha

Me and Yaguaron are going to be together for a while.  I guess this is where I am supposed to be.

I am still enjoying all of the Christmas goodies you sent.  I am eating them slowly, little by little to make them last longer.  I did think about what you asked me on Christmas.  Besides water I miss Dr. Pepper, we can't drink dark liquids on my mission, wings, playing basketball, driving and music, I love my music. ;)

This week has been great. It has gone by so quickly, it feels like yesterday was last Monday.  We have found a lot of new investigators and have had a lot of success.  We have an investigator that has already been going to church and wants to be baptized.  He just has a problem with marijuana that we need to help him clear up and he will be good to go. :)   He is a really cool guy and he is looking to change his life.

We also came across a man this week that said we had saved his life.  His wife had just left him because his daughter had recently drowned in the river. He said he didn't want to live anymore and was planning on taking his life if it weren't for us.  Pretty amazing.

We are also having an open house this Saturday at the Church.  There are going to be a lot of people there.  They have announced it on the radio, Facebook, T.V. and even sent a letter to the government. I will let you all know how it goes next week.

Things are going great I feel like I finally have the groove of the mission now.  I don't feel like a new missionary anymore.  I'm loving it and time just seems to be flying by.



Love you all,
Elder Heugly

Elder Heugly and Elder Justiano (from Honduras) 

Elder Heugly and his district 
 Hoping I don't get in trouble for posting this picture. :)  This was actually sent to Laken and she shared it with me.  The cute Elder on the left has developed a small crush on Laken thanks to the ornaments for the Christmas tree I sent him.  He is the Elder who likes to kiss the pictures ;).   

Elder Heugly, Elder Justiano, Elder Diaz and Elder "Kissey"  I am not sure of his last name ( I need to ask Drew) but for some reason this name just fits. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment