Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tough Week...

I have been told that being a Missionary Mom is a lot like riding on a roller coaster...there are up weeks and there are down weeks.  I am so not a fan of roller coasters.  I am more of a merry go round kind of girl. :) 
Yesterdays email made my heart sad.  I know Drew is where he is supposed to be right now and I know that despite the ups and downs, he is loving it there and loves the people.  However after reading his email yesterday I wanted to hop on a plane and fly to Paraguay.  Not to bring him home...I just wanted to give him a hug.  Yesterday I missed him more than I have in a long time.  

Hey, 

It's been kind of a hard and frustrating week, but I am hanging in there.  I don't have a camera anymore, it was stolen.  Don't worry about how but I don't have one anymore.  If you can send me a new one that would be cool. It was on Wednesday and after it was stolen I was having a really rough day.  I went into my room and turned on some music and just sat there.  I was sulking for a bit and then I looked on my desk and I saw my patriarchal blessing.  I had the feeling I needed to read it.  I read it and this time noticed that there were 2 paragraphs talking about my mission and what great things I would do.  As I was reading it I had a very comforting feeling come over me and I knew at that moment that this is where I am supposed to be.

The weeks all seem like a blur here.  They go by really fast not sure why because the days are long but the weeks are fast.  

Things have been frustrating with my companion, they have been the whole time but I am hanging in there still. :) 

I am getting enough to eat.  I make a lot of fettuchini  
alfredo, it's easy and cheap.  I am loosing weight...we do a lot of walking and sweating but I am good.

The bugs are giant here.  There is something bigger and creepier in the house every day.  I will for sure have some crazy stories to tell when I come home.  

My investigator disappeared. There was a big storm here that knocked down a lot of houses and trees and we haven't seen her in almost 2 weeks.  We have no clue where she ended up but hope and pray she is o.k. 

The cute boy in last weeks picture is an investigator.  His whole family  wants to be baptized but they don't want to go to church.  It's a tough situation and we aren't having a lot of progress. :( 

It was awesome to go into the city last week and talk to the other missionaries from the MTC.  I was able to talk to a lot of them and see that many of them were having a hard time too and I wasn't as bad off as others.  It was however great to see all of my friends.

This week has been crazy.  We have had a lot of meetings.  We're trying to help the ward get put back together and get everyone callings...it's rough. 

Not much else really.  No pictures this week, so sorry but no worries I still look the same :) I'll let you know if anything changes. hahaha

Thanks for keeping me in your prayers.  I need them right now. Hopefully I will have some better stories for next week.

Love and miss you guys a lot

Drew

See what I mean about my heart sinking. I HATE ROLLER COASTERS! I hate to hear when he has had a bad week but am grateful he tells me.  I am also thankful that he had the prompting to read his patriarchal blessing and that he felt comfort and knew that he is where he is supposed to be.  I am beyond proud of this kid and just love and miss him to pieces!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this cute missionary of mine :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment