Tuesday, August 11, 2015

August 10, 2015

Hello Everyone,

This week was GREAT!

My companion is great and we get a long well.  We are working hard and having a lot of success.  He is a good guy and a great companion.  It is just the two of us in our house and in our area so there is a lot of work to do.

This week we did end up having a marriage and a baptism.  It was amazing!  Her husband and all of her family are members so she and her husband were married and then she was baptized right after.  I have so many pictures off everything but sadly I can't send any of them. :(  It really was an amazing experience to be a part of .  Her name is Teresa.

The most amazing thing happened after the baptism.  Teresa and her husband who are extremely poor  and don't have anything came up to me and gave me one mil which is like 20 cents or so.  They said it was for their tithing.  It was so touching.  They have so little but give so much.

On Sunday she was able to be confirmed  at church and I was able to confirm her and Ely who was also baptized the week before.  It was a great day.  Things are going so good.  Nothing to complain about here.

I really am loving the new area.  The members help out a lot and support us in everything.  We had such a great turn out at the wedding and baptism.  They really are amazing.  It reminds me a lot of my first area Yaguarón with dirt roads and everything.  Definitely a lot different from Centro.  There aren't any big sky scrapers or anything like that in my new area.  We don't even have a single grocery store or anything.  We have to travel everywhere to get anything done.

I heard dad did a great job on his talk.  I wish I could have been there to hear him.  I will have to print it out and read it this week.

I am glad you saw a little glimpse of what Paraguay life is like.  The culture here is quite different but so amazing.  I love it!

I have heard you have been spending a lot of time with the missionaries.  Keep helping them out.  They need all the help they can get. :)

I hope everyone is getting ready for school, I can't believe it is already that time again.  Tell them all good luck from me.

I love you all.  Everything here is great right now and I couldn't be happier.

Love all of you tons
Elder Heugly

No comments:

Post a Comment