Monday, February 16, 2015

February 9, 2015

Hi everyone.  Things are great here in Asunción.  My investigator Ana (the single mom) came to church with us on Sunday and is going to be baptized this Saturday.  She is awesome. 

Still no luck with the girls.  Their Dad is still causing a lot of problems.  I am just being patient and pray that one day he will allow them to be baptized.  We are just going to give him his space.  

The week has been good.  Not too much has happened except for yesterday.  A drunk man came up to us (which happens all of the time here) and was following us around and wouldn't leave us alone.  He turned out to be a member and told us his whole story.  He isn't active right now but said he wanted to quit drinking and go to church.  He then told us he wanted to live with us and become a missionary. We couldn't take him with us because he was so drunk and would have scared everyone.  He tried following us for a while and wouldn't leave us alone.  We ended up having to call our district leader and what not and get instructions on what we should do. We ended up having to run and ditch him which we felt bad about.  People are always drinking here there are a lot of drunk people wandering around.  They can get kind of crazy.  

Other than that not much has happened.  We have transfers this Wednesday at like 3 in the morning.  I will for sure be getting a new companion since I have been with Elder Diaz since the beginning.  I think I will end up staying in my area but who knows.  For sure Elder Diaz will be leaving since he has been in the area for a long time.  I am thinking that they will transfer Elder Guerra from Honduras and leave Elder Justiano to stay here with me but I have no clue.  Guess I will find out in a couple of days.  Should be exciting.

The new mission president looks like a good guy.  Hopefully he is a great as Elder Agazzani.  I guess we will find out in a few months.  

The weather just keeps getting hotter but I guess it is better than the rain so I will survive.  Send some cold weather my way. 

Dad told me about his promotion.  I didn't understand it too well but it sounds exciting.  What's this I hear about Sammie and a boy?  If she starts acting up just do what they do here and pull a stick from a tree and smack her. ;) I'm not kidding they do that here and it keeps these kids in line.  They are terrified of the stick.  Tell Bridger he is just too smart! How do you teach yourself to read?  That's just crazy!  

Tell everyone I love and miss them all so much

Love Drew (Elder Heugly) 


 Ana my first investigator and her family
 Ana and her family...same picture just with her house in the background.  Her house she lived in when we met her was destroyed by a storm.
 My zone
Me and the family Olmedo from my branch

No comments:

Post a Comment