Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Cooking down here...

Hey Everyone, 

It's cooking down here, I'm dying...it's crazy but I'm hanging in there of course.  It rained last night and the day after the rain is always nice, it's not hot at all but the next day it gets hot again so I'm probably going to die tomorrow.  At one point this week it was 100 degrees and then the humidity. The humidity here blows my mind.  Can't believe it has been in the 60's at home.  Sounds amazing about now. 

Things are good, still the ward pianist.  Put up a great performance in sacrament meeting this week.  One of my best ones yet :) . 

Being gone makes me appreciate everything more.  I have learned a lot in these 3 months.  I can't wait to see what else I am going to learn over the next 2 years.  I know it is going to help me grow and be a better man when I get home.  

This week has been good.  Not too much success.  Yaguaron is a tough area.  There aren't many baptisms. My investigators are good and I have a lot of them but none of them came to church this week.  The people are hard to get to come to church here but we are trying. The church just released a new video that we are using.  We get to take our DVD players with us so we can show it to everyone.  If you haven't seen it yet go look it up.  It's called El es la davida or He is the gift in English.  It's amazing give it a watch if you haven't already.  

Not a lot has happened this week.  We did find our investigator and she really wants to be baptized but she works on Sundays in Asunción so it is hard for her to get to church.  She lives alone with her 3 children and has to work or she won't have money to support them.  She really wants to go and is looking for a new job.  She and her children are awesome.  

A funny story this week.  I climbed a tree believe it or not and was up there cutting branches down with my machete.  The lady below was yelling at me to get down and was telling me I was way too big to be up there.  It was so funny she just kept yelling at me while I kept cutting the branches.  I almost fell out of the tree I was laughing so hard.

My favorite scripture story right now is that of Nephi when he says he will go and do what the lord has commanded.  I feel like I can really relate to him right now.  I know this is where I am supposed to be.

My Spanish is coming along.  After Christmas I will be assigned a new companion and I will continue to live with the other two Elders in my house.  They both only speak Spanish and if my next companion is Latino that will be 3 that speak no English and that will definitely help me out.  My spanish is good right now.  I understand everything but sometimes struggle to speak it but it is coming along.  

Time is flying by, before you know it it's going to be Christmas.  I'm definitely not missing putting up the decorations but I am going to miss seeing them once they are all up.  I am looking forward to seeing you all on Christmas.  I can't wait to talk to everyone.  Hopefully all goes well, it should.  

I got all of my packages and love it all.  The camera is great and everything works.  I will send pictures next week.  I didn't have time to take any this week, sorry.  

Love you all, 
Drew 

O.K. so is this kid trying to give me a heart attack? Seriously climbing trees with machetes? Saying a little prayer he is alive and well when Christmas comes around because I can't wait to see and talk to this cute missionary of mine.  Love him to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment